Friday, February 27, 2009


This image represents my entire three-week road trip to Arizona. Over the course of my journey I took some 1200 photos, sometimes out of boredom, but mostly out of curiosity and sheer excitement. I just couldn't help but take pictures of some of the most mundane things - ice crystals on the truck's windows in Iowa, a flock of birds above a Texas farm field, or a cliff in the distance somewhere in northern New Mexico - it was all so beautiful and new to me. It was time that I should drive through this country of ours. And this image here - this is 100 of my photos, randomly chosen and composed into one single image - this is my entire trip distilled.


We raced this train for a few miles in New Mexico. I can't explain why, but somehow this photo represents my entire trip. I was a stranger in a foreign land, homesick at times, and content at others. We rarely stopped moving long enough to know exactly where we were and I began to feel old before it was all over.

There are times when you miss the one you love so much that you ache all over.

No comments: